- (of a person or their behavior) loudly vigorous and cheerful；(of a feeling or an opinion) heartfelt
- a vigorously cheerful and sporty person；a form of address ascribed to sailors.
noun: hearty, plural noun: hearties
- 1. (of a person or their behavior) loudly vigorous and cheerful a hearty and boisterous character he sang in a hearty baritone 同義詞 exuberant, cheerful, jovial, ebullient, backslapping, ... 更多反義詞 introverted
- ▪ (of a feeling or an opinion) heartfelt hearty congratulations 同義詞 wholehearted, heartfelt, sincere, genuine, real, ... 更多反義詞 halfhearted
- ▪ (of a person) strong and healthy a white-bearded but hearty man 同義詞 robust, healthy, hardy, hale, hale and hearty, ... 更多反義詞 frail
- 2. (of food) wholesome and substantial a hearty meal cooked over open flames 同義詞 substantial, ample, sizeable, filling, large, ... 更多反義詞 light, unhealthy
- ▪ (of a person's appetite) robust and healthy Jim goes for a long walk to work up a hearty appetite for dinner
- 1. a vigorously cheerful and sporty person climbers and haversack-touting hearties
- 2. a form of address ascribed to sailors.
- loudly vigorous and cheerful: a hearty and boisterous character he sang in a hearty baritone
- a vigorously cheerful and sporty person: climbers and haversack-touting hearties