- IPA[ˈhērō ˌwərSHəp]
- excessive admiration for someone；(in ancient Greece) the worship of superhuman heroes.
- admire (someone) excessively
verb: hero-worship, 3rd person present: hero-worships, gerund or present participle: hero-worshipping, past tense: hero-worshipped, past participle: hero-worshipped
noun: hero worship
- 1. excessive admiration for someone the music press, with its bias towards hero worship
- ▪ (in ancient Greece) the worship of superhuman heroes.
- 1. admire (someone) excessively I used to hero-worship the guy