- put or keep out of sight；prevent (someone or something) from being seen
- a camouflaged shelter used to observe wildlife at close quarters.
verb: hide, 3rd person present: hides, gerund or present participle: hiding, past tense: hid, past participle: hidden
noun: hide, plural noun: hides
- 1. put or keep out of sight he hid the money in the house they swept up the pieces and hid them away 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ prevent (someone or something) from being seen clouds rolled up and hid the moon 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ prevent (an emotion or fact) from being apparent or known; keep secret Herbert could hardly hide his dislike 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ conceal oneself Juliet's first instinct was to hide under the blankets he used to hide out in a cave 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ use (someone or something) to protect oneself from criticism or punishment, especially in a way considered cowardly companies with poor security can hide behind the law
- 1. British a camouflaged shelter used to observe wildlife at close quarters.