- relating to or producing hypnosis；exerting a compelling or soporific effect
- a sleep-inducing drug；a person under or open to hypnosis.
noun: hypnotic, plural noun: hypnotics
- 1. relating to or producing hypnosis a hypnotic state
- ▪ exerting a compelling or soporific effect her voice had a hypnotic quality
- 2. (of a drug) sleep-inducing.
- 1. a sleep-inducing drug hypnotics may be prescribed
- 2. a person under or open to hypnosis.
- relating to or denoting the giving of ideas or instructions to a subject under hypnosis that ... post-hypnotic suggestion
- of, producing, or relating to hypnosis: a hypnotic state
- a sleep-inducing drug: hypnotics may be prescribed
Oxford American Dictionary