- a thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action；a mental impression
noun: idea, plural noun: ideas
- 1. a thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action the idea of linking pay to performance has caught on it's a good idea to do some research before you go 同義詞
- ▪ a mental impression our menu list will give you some idea of how interesting a low-fat diet can be 同義詞
- ▪ an opinion or belief nineteenth-century ideas about drinking 同義詞
- 2. the aim or purpose I took a job with the idea of getting some money together 同義詞
- 3. (in Platonic thought) an eternally existing pattern of which individual things in any class are imperfect copies.
- ▪ (in Kantian thought) a concept of pure reason, not empirically based in experience.