- a representation of the external form of a person or thing in art；a visible impression obtained by a camera, telescope, microscope, or other device, or displayed on a computer or video screen
- make a representation of the external form of；make a visual representation of (something) by scanning it with a detector or electromagnetic beam.
noun: image, plural noun: images
- 1. a representation of the external form of a person or thing in art her work juxtaposed images from serious and popular art 同義詞
- ▪ a visible impression obtained by a camera, telescope, microscope, or other device, or displayed on a computer or video screen Voyager 2 sent back images of the planet Neptune 同義詞
- ▪ an optical appearance or counterpart produced by light from an object reflected in a mirror or refracted through a lens. 同義詞
- ▪ a point or set formed by mapping from another point or set.
- ▪ an exact copy of a computer's hard disk, made for backing up data or setting up new machines.
- ▪ a mental representation or idea I had a sudden image of Sal bringing me breakfast in bed 同義詞
- ▪ a person or thing that closely resembles another he's the image of his father 同義詞
- ▪ semblance or likeness made in the image of God
- ▪ (in biblical use) an idol. 同義詞
- 2. the general impression that a person, organization, or product presents to the public she strives to project an image of youth 同義詞
- 3. a simile or metaphor he uses the image of a hole to describe emotional emptiness 同義詞
- 1. make a representation of the external form of artworks which imaged women's bodies
- ▪ make a visual representation of (something) by scanning it with a detector or electromagnetic beam.
- ▪ make an exact copy of (a computer's hard disk) the hard disk drive should be imaged using a specialized bitstream backup product
- ▪ form a mental picture or idea of it is possible for us to image a society in which no one committed crime