- dip or submerge in a liquid；baptize (someone) by immersion in water.
verb: immerse, 3rd person present: immerses, gerund or present participle: immersing, past tense: immersed, past participle: immersed
- 1. dip or submerge in a liquid immerse the paper in water for twenty minutes 同義詞
- ▪ baptize (someone) by immersion in water. 同義詞
- 2. involve oneself deeply in a particular activity she immersed herself in her work she was still immersed in her thoughts 同義詞
- dip or submerge in a liquid: immerse the paper in water for twenty minutes
Oxford American Dictionary