- make (a woman or female animal) pregnant.；fertilize (a female reproductive cell or ovum).
verb: impregnate, 3rd person present: impregnates, gerund or present participle: impregnating, past tense: impregnated, past participle: impregnated
- 1. make (a woman or female animal) pregnant. 同義詞
- ▪ fertilize (a female reproductive cell or ovum).
- 2. soak or saturate (something) with a substance wood that had been impregnated with preservative 同義詞
- ▪ imbue with feelings or qualities an atmosphere impregnated with tension