- soak or saturate (something) with a substance；fill with a feeling or quality
verb: impregnate, 3rd person present: impregnates, gerund or present participle: impregnating, past tense: impregnated, past participle: impregnated
- 1. soak or saturate (something) with a substance wood which had been impregnated with preservative 同義詞
- ▪ fill with a feeling or quality an atmosphere impregnated with tension
- 2. make (a woman or female animal) pregnant he was obliged to marry the woman he'd impregnated 同義詞
- ▪ fertilize (an ovum).
- make (a woman or female animal) pregnant.
Oxford American Dictionary