- an event or occurrence；a violent event, such as a fracas or assault
- likely to happen because of; resulting from；attaching to
- 1. an event or occurrence several amusing incidents 同義詞
- ▪ a violent event, such as a fracas or assault one person was stabbed in the incident 同義詞
- ▪ a hostile clash between forces of rival countries.
- ▪ a case or instance of something happening a single incident of rudeness does not support a finding of contemptuous conduct
- ▪ the occurrence of dangerous or exciting things the winter passed without incident 同義詞
- 1. likely to happen because of; resulting from the changes incident to economic development
- ▪ attaching to the costs properly incident to a suit for foreclosure or redemption
- 2. (especially of light or other radiation) falling on or striking something when an ion beam is incident on a surface
- ▪ relating to incidence the incident angle
- a centre set up by the police to coordinate operations connected with a particular crime, ...
- an instance of something happening; an event or occurrence: several amusing incidents there was not one incident of teasing from the 90 pupils
- liable to happen because of; resulting from: the changes incident to economic development