- lower in rank, status, or quality；of low standard or quality
- a person lower than another in rank, status, or ability；an inferior letter, figure, or symbol.
noun: inferior, plural noun: inferiors
- 1. lower in rank, status, or quality schooling in inner-city areas was inferior to that in the rest of the country 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ of low standard or quality inferior goods 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a court or tribunal) able to have its decisions overturned by a higher court.
- ▪ denoting goods or services that are in greater demand during a recession than in a boom, e.g., secondhand clothes.
- 2. low or lower in position ulcers located in the inferior and posterior wall of the duodenum
- ▪ (of the ovary of a flower) situated below the sepals and enclosed in the receptacle.
- 3. (of a letter, figure, or symbol) written or printed below the line.
- 1. a person lower than another in rank, status, or ability her social and intellectual inferiors
- 2. an inferior letter, figure, or symbol.