- the action of inserting something；the placing of a spacecraft or satellite into an orbit or trajectory.
noun: insertion, plural noun: insertions
- 1. the action of inserting something the insertion of a line or two into the script 同義詞
- ▪ the placing of a spacecraft or satellite into an orbit or trajectory.
- ▪ the addition of extra DNA or RNA into a section of genetic material.
- 2. an amendment or addition inserted in a text omissions and insertions which do not affect the sense an annual insertion in the local telephone directory
- ▪ each appearance of an advertisement in a newspaper or periodical.
- ▪ an ornamental section of cloth or needlework inserted into the plain material of a garment.
- 3. the manner or place of attachment of an organ close to the point of leaf insertion
- ▪ the manner or place of attachment of a muscle to the part that it moves the names of the muscles and their insertions on the eyeball