- the action of inserting something；the placing of a spacecraft or satellite into an orbit or trajectory.
noun: insertion, plural noun: insertions
- 1. the action of inserting something he didn't notice the insertion of the envelope into his pocket 同義詞
- ▪ the placing of a spacecraft or satellite into an orbit or trajectory.
- ▪ the addition of extra DNA or RNA into a section of genetic material.
- 2. an amendment or addition inserted in a text omissions and insertions which do not affect the sense an annual insertion in the local telephone directory
- ▪ each appearance of an advertisement in a newspaper or periodical.
- ▪ an ornamental section of cloth or needlework inserted into a garment.
- 3. the place or manner of attachment of an organ close to the point of leaf insertion
- ▪ the place or manner of attachment of a muscle to the part which it moves the names of the muscles and their insertions on the eyeball
- the action of inserting something: the insertion of a line or two into the script
Oxford American Dictionary