- the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative；the quality of being inspired
noun: inspiration, plural noun: inspirations
- 1. the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative Helen had one of her flashes of inspiration the Malvern Hills have provided inspiration for many artists 同義詞
- ▪ the quality of being inspired a rare moment of inspiration in an otherwise dull display
- ▪ a person or thing that inspires he is an inspiration to everyone 同義詞
- ▪ a sudden brilliant or timely idea then I had an inspiration 同義詞
- ▪ divine influence, especially that supposed to have led to the writing of the Bible.
- 2. the drawing in of breath; inhalation crackling sounds are heard in the stethoscope on inspiration 同義詞
- ▪ an act of breathing in; an inhalation.