- direct or command someone to do something, especially as an official order；teach (someone) a subject or skill
verb: instruct, 3rd person present: instructs, gerund or present participle: instructing, past tense: instructed, past participle: instructed
- 1. direct or command someone to do something, especially as an official order she instructed him to wait “Look at me,” he instructed 同義詞
- 2. teach (someone) a subject or skill he instructed them in the use of firearms instructing electors how to record their votes 同義詞
- 3. inform (someone) of a fact or situation the bank was instructed that the money from the savings account was now held by the company 同義詞
- 4. give a person direction, information, or authorization. 同義詞
- ▪ (of a judge) give information, especially clarification of legal principles, to (a jury).