- an intervening time or space；a component of activity in interval training
noun: interval, plural noun: intervals
- 1. an intervening time or space after his departure, there was an interval of many years without any meetings the intervals between meals were very short 同義詞
- ▪ a component of activity in interval training use one day a week for short, sprint intervals
- 2. a pause or break in activity an interval of mourning 同義詞
- ▪ British an intermission separating parts of a theatrical or musical performance.
- ▪ a break between the parts of an athletic contest United led 3-0 at the interval
- 3. a space between two things; a gap. 同義詞
- 4. the difference in pitch between two musical sounds.