- the rise and fall of the voice in speaking；the action of intoning or reciting in a singing voice.
- 1. the rise and fall of the voice in speaking she spoke English with a German intonation 同義詞 inflection, pitch, tone, timbre, cadence, ... 更多
- ▪ the action of intoning or reciting in a singing voice. 同義詞 chanting, incantation, recitation, singing, rarecantillation
- 2. accuracy of pitch in playing or singing, or on a stringed instrument such as a guitar poor woodwind intonation at the opening
- 3. the opening phrase of a plainsong melody.