- a complete list of items such as property, goods in stock, or the contents of a building.；a quantity of goods held in stock
- make a complete list of；enter in a list
verb: inventory, 3rd person present: inventories, gerund or present participle: inventorying, past tense: inventoried, past participle: inventoried
noun: inventory, plural noun: inventories
- 1. a complete list of items such as property, goods in stock, or the contents of a building.
- ▪ a quantity of goods held in stock in our warehouse you'll find a large inventory of new and used bicycles
- ▪ (in accounting) the entire stock of a business, including materials, components, work in progress, and finished products.
- 1. make a complete list of I inventoried his collection of drawings
- ▪ enter in a list about forty possible sites were inventoried