- the state of feeling annoyed, impatient, or slightly angry；a thing that annoys or irritates someone
noun: irritation, plural noun: irritations
- 1. the state of feeling annoyed, impatient, or slightly angry much to my irritation, Chris fell asleep 同義詞 annoyance, infuriation, exasperation, vexation, indignation, ... 更多反義詞 delight
- ▪ a thing that annoys or irritates someone the minor irritations of life 同義詞 irritant, source of irritation, source of vexation, annoyance, source of annoyance, ... 更多反義詞 pleasure
- 2. inflammation or other discomfort in a body part caused by reaction to an irritant substance some chemicals cause a direct irritation to the skin leading to dermatitis
- ▪ the stimulation of an organism, cell, or organ to produce an active response.