- a public official appointed to decide cases in a court of law.；a person who decides the results of a competition or watches for infractions of the rules.
- form an opinion or conclusion about；decide (a case) in court
verb: judge, 3rd person present: judges, gerund or present participle: judging, past tense: judged, past participle: judged
noun: judge, plural noun: judges
- 1. a public official appointed to decide cases in a court of law. 同義詞
- ▪ a person who decides the results of a competition or watches for infractions of the rules. 同義詞
- ▪ a person able or qualified to give an opinion on something she was a good judge of character 同義詞
- ▪ a leader having temporary authority in ancient Israel in the period between Joshua and the kings.
- 1. form an opinion or conclusion about it is hard to judge whether such opposition is justified judging from his letters home, Monty was in good spirits 同義詞
- ▪ decide (a case) in court other cases were judged by tribunal 同義詞
- ▪ give a verdict on (someone) in court she was judged innocent of murder 同義詞
- ▪ decide the results of (a competition) she was there to judge the contest 同義詞