- a toy consisting of a light frame with thin material stretched over it, flown in the wind at the end of a long string.；a spinnaker or other high, light sail.
- fly a kite；fly or move quickly
verb: kite, 3rd person present: kites, gerund or present participle: kiting, past tense: kited, past participle: kited
noun: kite, plural noun: kites
- 1. a toy consisting of a light frame with thin material stretched over it, flown in the wind at the end of a long string.
- ▪ informal a spinnaker or other high, light sail.
- 2. a medium to large long-winged bird of prey which typically has a forked tail and frequently soars on updrafts of air.
- 3. informal a fraudulent check, bill, or receipt.
- ▪ an illicit or surreptitious letter or note.
- ▪ archaic a person who exploits or preys on others.
- 4. a quadrilateral figure having two pairs of equal adjacent sides, symmetrical only about its diagonals.
- 1. fly a kite while I kited, she would always watch out for me
- ▪ fly or move quickly he kited into England on Concorde
- 2. North American informal write or use (a check, bill, or receipt) fraudulently.