- a small piece of paper, fabric, plastic, or similar material attached to an object and giving information about it；a piece of fabric sewn inside a garment and bearing the brand name, size, or instructions for care
- attach a label to (something)；assign to a category, especially inaccurately or restrictively
verb: label, 3rd person present: labels, gerund or present participle: labelling, past tense: labelled, past participle: labelled
noun: label, plural noun: labels
- 1. a small piece of paper, fabric, plastic, or similar material attached to an object and giving information about it the alcohol content is clearly stated on the label price labels 同義詞
- ▪ a piece of fabric sewn inside a garment and bearing the brand name, size, or instructions for care a garment with the label “Laura Ashley”
- ▪ the piece of paper in the center of a record giving the artist and title.
- ▪ a company that produces recorded music independent labels
- ▪ the name or trademark of a fashion company she plans to launch her own designer clothes label 同義詞
- 2. a classifying phrase or name applied to a person or thing, especially one that is inaccurate or restrictive my reluctance to stick a label on myself politically 同義詞
- ▪ (in a dictionary entry) a word or words used to specify the subject area, register, or geographical origin of the word being defined the italic part-of-speech label follows the pronunciation
- ▪ a string of characters used to refer to a particular instruction in a program.
- ▪ a radioactive isotope, fluorescent dye, or enzyme used to make something identifiable for study radioactive labels
- 3. a narrow horizontal strip, typically with three downward projections, that is superimposed on a coat of arms by an eldest son during the life of his father.
- 4. another term for dripstone
- 1. attach a label to (something) she labeled the parcels neatly, writing the addresses in capital letters 同義詞
- 2. assign to a category, especially inaccurately or restrictively the critics labeled him a loser children were labeled as bullies 同義詞