- (of a process, activity, or state of things) continue for a specified period of time；continue to function well or to be in good condition for a considerable or specified length of time
verb: last, 3rd person present: lasts, gerund or present participle: lasting, past tense: lasted, past participle: lasted
- 1. (of a process, activity, or state of things) continue for a specified period of time the guitar solo lasted for twenty minutes childhood seems to last forever 同義詞 continue, go on, carry on, keep on, keep going, ... 更多反義詞 finish, end, stop
- 2. continue to function well or to be in good condition for a considerable or specified length of time the car is built to last a lip pencil lasts longer than lipstick 同義詞 endure, wear well, stand up, keep going, bear up, ... 更多反義詞 wear out
- ▪ (of a person) manage to continue in a job or course of action how long does he think he'll last as manager?
- ▪ survive or endure his condition is so serious that he won't last the night 同義詞 survive, endure, hold on, hold out, keep going, ... 更多
- ▪ (of provisions or resources) be adequate or sufficient for (someone), especially for a specified length of time he filled the freezer with enough food to last him for three months