- (of a person) using the left hand more naturally than the right；(of a tool or item of equipment) made to be used with the left hand
- with the left hand
- 1. (of a person) using the left hand more naturally than the right a left-handed batsman 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a tool or item of equipment) made to be used with the left hand left-handed golf clubs
- ▪ made or done with the left hand my left-handed scrawl
- 2. (of a screw) advanced by turning anticlockwise.
- ▪ (of a spiral shell or helix) sinistral.
- ▪ (of a racecourse) turning anticlockwise Newbury's left-handed track
- 3. perverse we take a left-handed pleasure in our errors
- ▪ (especially of a compliment) ambiguous. 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. with the left hand a significant number play the game left-handed