- the exertion of force by means of a lever or an object used in the manner of a lever；mechanical advantage gained by using leverage
- use borrowed capital for (an investment), expecting the profits made to be greater than the interest payable；use (something) to maximum advantage
verb: leverage, 3rd person present: leverages, gerund or present participle: leveraging, past tense: leveraged, past participle: leveraged
- 1. the exertion of force by means of a lever or an object used in the manner of a lever my spade hit something solid that wouldn't respond to leverage 同義詞
- ▪ mechanical advantage gained by using leverage use a metal bar to increase the leverage
- ▪ the power to influence a person or situation to achieve a particular outcome industry consolidation has raised costs by giving healthcare systems leverage over insurance companies 同義詞
- 2. the ratio of a company's loan capital (debt) to the value of its common stock (equity).
- ▪ the use of credit or borrowed capital to increase the earning potential of stock.
- 1. use borrowed capital for (an investment), expecting the profits made to be greater than the interest payable without clear legal title to their assets, they own property that cannot be leveraged as collateral for loans you can leverage your stock portfolio and diversify into real estate
- 2. use (something) to maximum advantage the organization needs to leverage its key resources