- a particular place or position；the action of placing or situating someone or something
noun: location, plural noun: locations
- 1. a particular place or position the property is set in a convenient location
- ▪ the action of placing or situating someone or something the location of new housing beyond the existing built-up areas
- ▪ a position or address in computer memory.
- 2. an actual place or natural setting in which a film or broadcast is made, as distinct from a simulation in a studio the movie was filmed entirely on location
- 3. (in Kenya) an administrative district forming a subdivision of a division the new chief is a long-time resident of the location