- a gentle sheen or soft glow, especially that of a partly reflective surface；the manner in which the surface of a mineral reflects light.
noun: lustre, plural noun: lustres
- 1. a gentle sheen or soft glow, especially that of a partly reflective surface the luster of the Milky Way she couldn't eat and her hair lost its luster 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the manner in which the surface of a mineral reflects light.
- ▪ glory or distinction a celebrity player to add luster to the lineup 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. a thin coating containing unoxidized metal which gives an iridescent glaze to ceramics. 同義詞
- ▪ ceramics with an iridescent metallic glaze; lusterware luster jugs
- 3. a fabric or yarn with a sheen or gloss luster yarn
- ▪ British a thin dress material with a cotton warp, woolen weft, and a glossy surface.
- 4. a prismatic glass pendant on a chandelier or other ornament a chandelier dripping with glass lusters
- ▪ a cut-glass chandelier or candelabra.