- a periodical publication containing articles and illustrations, typically covering a particular subject or area of interest；a regular television or radio program comprising a variety of topical news or entertainment items
noun: magazine, plural noun: magazines
- 1. a periodical publication containing articles and illustrations, typically covering a particular subject or area of interest a women's magazine a car magazine
- ▪ a regular television or radio program comprising a variety of topical news or entertainment items a religious magazine program aimed at the ordinary man and woman in the street
- 2. a chamber for holding a supply of cartridges to be fed automatically to the breech of a gun he took the machine gun and a spare magazine
- ▪ a receptacle for storing and feeding film to a camera, CDs to a compact disc player, etc. you can program only the playback sequence of the discs in the magazine, not individual tracks
- 3. a store for arms, ammunition, explosives, and provisions for use in military operations.
- a magazine devoted to films and cinema: her face is a very familiar one in the film magazines
- a magazine printed on glossy paper, containing many colour photographs and typically devoted to ... they had sold their wedding photos to one of the glossy magazines
- a magazine published by a company to be read by its employees and dealing mainly with its own ...
- another term for fanzine
- a magazine depicting nude or partially nude young women in erotic poses: he had all these girlie magazines that you could look at while waiting for a haircut
- a magazine devoted to fashion, especially the latest styles of clothes, accessories, etc.: she looked like she belonged on the cover of a fashion magazine
- a periodical publication or regular broadcast devoted to current affairs, typically providing ... a leading news magazine published an article about post-war reconstruction efforts
- a periodical publication containing articles and illustrations, often on a particular subject ... a women's weekly magazine