- the action of magnifying something or the process of being magnified；the degree to which something is or can be magnified
noun: magnification, plural noun: magnifications
- 1. the action of magnifying something or the process of being magnified the lines are only visible under high magnification 同義詞 exaggeration, overstatement, amplification, overemphasis, overplaying, ... 更多反義詞 understatement
- ▪ the degree to which something is or can be magnified at this magnification the pixels making up the image become visible 同義詞 enlargement, increase, augmentation, extension, expansion, ... 更多反義詞 reduction
- ▪ the magnifying power of an instrument this microscope should give a magnification of about ×100
- ▪ a magnified reproduction of something.
- the action or process of magnifying something or being magnified, especially visually: visible under high magnification
Oxford American Dictionary