- a piece of coarse material placed on a floor for people to wipe their feet on.；a small rug.
- tangle (something, especially hair) in a thick mass；become tangled
noun: mat, plural noun: mats
- 1. a piece of coarse material placed on a floor for people to wipe their feet on. 同義詞 rug, runner, carpet, drugget, doormat, ... 更多
- ▪ a small rug. 同義詞 rug, runner, carpet, drugget, doormat, ... 更多
- ▪ a piece of thick or resilient material for lying on or for landing on in gymnastics, wrestling, or similar sports.
- ▪ a piece of coarse material for lying on a beach mat
- 2. a small piece of cork, card, or fabric placed on a table or other surface to protect it from the heat or moisture of an object placed on it. 同義詞 table mat, place mat, coaster, doily, beer mat, ... 更多
- 3. a thick, untidy layer of something hairy or woolly his chest was covered by a thick mat of soft fair hair 同義詞 mass, tangle, knot, mop, thatch, ... 更多
- 1. tangle (something, especially hair) in a thick mass the fur on its flank was matted with blood sweat matted his hair
- ▪ become tangled dog hair mats more quickly than human hair