- a decorative design or pattern；a distinctive feature or dominant idea in an artistic or literary composition
noun: motif, plural noun: motifs
- 1. a decorative design or pattern T-shirts featuring spiral motifs 同義詞 design, pattern, decoration, figure, shape, ... 更多
- ▪ a distinctive feature or dominant idea in an artistic or literary composition the nautical motif of his latest novel 同義詞 theme, idea, concept, subject, topic, ... 更多
- ▪ a short succession of notes producing a single impression; a brief melodic or rhythmic formula out of which longer passages are developed the motif in the second violin is submerged by the first violin's countermelody 同義詞 theme, idea, concept, subject, topic, ... 更多
- ▪ an ornament of lace, braid, etc., sewn separately on a garment.
- ▪ a distinctive sequence on a protein or DNA, having a three-dimensional structure that allows binding interactions to occur.
- a decorative image or design, especially a repeated one forming a pattern: the colourful hand-painted motifs which adorn narrowboats