- a thing designed to be put in or against the mouth；a part of a musical instrument placed between or against the lips.
noun: mouthpiece, plural noun: mouthpieces
- 1. a thing designed to be put in or against the mouth the snorkel's mouthpiece 同義詞
- ▪ a part of a musical instrument placed between or against the lips.
- ▪ the part of a phone for speaking into.
- ▪ the part of a tobacco pipe placed between the lips.
- ▪ a mouthguard.
- 2. derogatory a person or organization that speaks on behalf of another person or organization they become nothing more than a mouthpiece for the company 同義詞
- ▪ North American informal a lawyer his attorney isn't one of those cheap mouthpieces you see on a billboard
- the part of a musical instrument, telephone, etc. designed to be put in or against the mouth: he shouted into the mouthpiece, but there was no response the snorkel's mouthpiece