- the fact of being required or indispensable；unavoidability
noun: necessity, plural noun: necessities
- 1. the fact of being required or indispensable the necessity of providing parental guidance should be apparent the overriding theme is the necessity for choice 同義詞
- ▪ unavoidability the necessity of growing old 同義詞
- ▪ a state of things or circumstances enforcing a certain course created more by necessity than design 同義詞
- 2. an indispensable thing a good book is a necessity when traveling 同義詞
- 3. the principle according to which something must be so, by virtue either of logic or of natural law.
- ▪ a condition that cannot be otherwise, or a statement asserting this.