- belonging by rank, title, or birth to the aristocracy；having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles
- (especially in former times) a person of noble rank or birth；a former English gold coin first issued in 1351.
noun: noble, plural noun: nobles
- 1. belonging by rank, title, or birth to the aristocracy the medieval palace was once owned by a noble Florentine family the Duchess of Kent and several other noble ladies 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles the promotion of human rights was a noble aspiration 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ of imposing or magnificent size or appearance noble arches and massive granite columns there is nothing more noble than a mature pine forest 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ of excellent or superior quality Chardonnay is the noble grape from which some of the finest white wines are produced 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. (especially in former times) a person of noble rank or birth the greater a noble's military power, the more land he could control the king imposed a tax on both nobles and peasants
- 2. historical a former English gold coin first issued in 1351.