- not arranged in a straight line.；denoting or involving an equation whose terms are not of the first degree.
- 1. not arranged in a straight line.
- ▪ denoting or involving an equation whose terms are not of the first degree.
- ▪ involving a lack of linearity between two related qualities such as input and output a non-linear network
- ▪ involving measurement in more than one dimension.
- 2. not sequential or straightforward Joyce's stream-of-consciousness, non-linear narrative
- 3. of or denoting digital editing whereby a sequence of edits is stored on computer as opposed to videotape.
- become very excited or angry, especially about a particular obsession