- a conception of or belief about something；an impulse or desire, especially one of a whimsical kind
noun: notion, plural noun: notions
- 1. a conception of or belief about something children have different notions about the roles of their parents I had no notion of what her words meant 同義詞 idea, belief, concept, conception, conviction, ... 更多
- 2. an impulse or desire, especially one of a whimsical kind she had a notion to call her friend at work Gary laughed at yet another one of my misty-eyed notions 同義詞 impulse, inclination, whim, desire, wish, ... 更多
- ▪ Irish aspirations or pretensions beyond what might be expected of one's social position or role he himself has notions about his chances in the marriage stakes they have let us all know how dangerous it is for people to have notions above their station
- 3. North American items used in sewing, such as buttons, pins, and hooks.