- the lowest cardinal number; half of two; 1；a single person or thing, viewed as taking the place of a group
- referring to a person or thing previously mentioned or easily identified；a person of a specified kind
- 1. the lowest cardinal number; half of two; 1 there's only room for one person two could live as cheaply as one 同義詞 a single, a solitary, a sole, a lone
- ▪ a single person or thing, viewed as taking the place of a group they would straggle home in ones and twos 同義詞 a single, a solitary, a sole, a lone
- ▪ single; just one as opposed to any more or to none at all (used for emphasis) her one concern is to save her daughter 同義詞 only, single, solitary, sole
- ▪ denoting a particular item of a pair or number of items electronics is one of his hobbies he put one hand over her shoulder and one around her waist
- ▪ denoting a particular but unspecified occasion or period one afternoon in late October 同義詞 some, any, a certain
- ▪ used before a name to denote a person who is not familiar or has not been previously mentioned; a certain he worked as a clerk for one Mr. Ming
- ▪ a noteworthy example of (used for emphasis) the actor was one smart-mouthed troublemaker he was one hell of a snappy dresser
- ▪ identical; the same all types of training meet one common standard 同義詞 only, single, solitary, sole
- ▪ one year old.
- ▪ one o'clock it's half past one I'll be there at one
- ▪ a one-dollar bill.
- ▪ an alcoholic drink a cool one after a day on the water
- ▪ a joke or story the one about the chicken farmer and the spaceship
- ▪ a size of garment or other merchandise denoted by one.
- ▪ a domino or dice with one spot.
- 1. referring to a person or thing previously mentioned or easily identified her mood changed from one of moroseness to one of joy her best apron, the white one
- 2. a person of a specified kind you're the one who ruined her life my friends and loved ones
- ▪ a person who is remarkable or extraordinary in some way you never saw such a one for figures
- 3. used to refer to the speaker, or any person, as representing people in general one must admire him for his willingness one gets the impression that he is ahead