- a space or gap that allows passage or access；a beginning; an initial part
- coming at the beginning of something; initial
noun: opening, plural noun: openings
- 1. a space or gap that allows passage or access an opening in the roof would get rid of the smoke 同義詞
- 2. a beginning; an initial part Maya started tapping out the opening of her story 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a ceremony or celebratory gathering at which a building, show, etc. is declared to be open I covered the opening of a new computerized diagnosis unit 同義詞
- ▪ a recognized sequence of moves at the beginning of a game.
- ▪ a counsel's preliminary statement of a case in a law court.
- 3. an opportunity to achieve something they seem to have exploited fully the openings offered 同義詞
- ▪ an available job there are few openings for the ex-footballer 同義詞
- 1. coming at the beginning of something; initial she stole the show with her opening remark