- a spherical object or shape；a golden globe surmounted by a cross, forming part of the regalia of a monarch
noun: orb, plural noun: orbs
- 1. a spherical object or shape a pale orb of hazy reddish light
- ▪ a golden globe surmounted by a cross, forming part of the regalia of a monarch a crown, an orb, and a sceptre
- ▪ a celestial body.
- ▪ an eye two wild staring orbs which flashed around the room
- ▪ a circle of up to 10° radius around the position of a celestial object within an orb of 1° of Mars