- made in an intricate shape or decorated with complex patterns；(of literary style) using unusual words and complex constructions
- 1. made in an intricate shape or decorated with complex patterns an ornate wrought-iron railing 同義詞 elaborate, decorated, embellished, adorned, ornamented, ... 更多
- ▪ (of literary style) using unusual words and complex constructions peculiarly ornate and metaphorical language 同義詞 elaborate, overelaborate, flowery, florid, flamboyant, ... 更多反義詞 plain, austere, simple
- ▪ (of musical composition or performance) using many ornaments such as grace notes and trills.
- excessively ornate: one of those over-ornate Vienna coffee houses
- elaborately or highly decorated: an ornate wrought-iron railing