- (especially of a liquid) flow over the brim of a receptacle；(of a container) be so full that the contents go over the sides
- the flowing over of a liquid；the excess or surplus not able to be accommodated by an available space
noun: overflow, plural noun: overflows
- 1. (especially of a liquid) flow over the brim of a receptacle chemicals overflowed from a storage tank the river overflowed its banks
- ▪ (of a container) be so full that the contents go over the sides boxes overflowing with bright flowers
- ▪ (of a space) be so crowded that people spill out the waiting area was overflowing
- ▪ flood or flow over (a surface or area) her hair overflowed her shoulders
- ▪ be very full of (an emotion or quality) her heart overflowed with joy
- 1. the flowing over of a liquid there was some overflow after heavy rainfall an overflow of sewage 同義詞
- ▪ the excess or surplus not able to be accommodated by an available space to accommodate the overflow five more offices have been built 同義詞
- 2. (in a bath or sink) an outlet for excess water.
- 3. the generation of a number or other data item which is too large for the assigned location or memory space.