- subject to some form of punishment；(in various sports) punish (a player or team) for a breach of the rules by awarding an advantage to the opposition.
verb: penalize, 3rd person present: penalizes, gerund or present participle: penalizing, past tense: penalized, past participle: penalized
- 1. subject to some form of punishment you'll be penalized if you tap the account before age 59 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (in various sports) punish (a player or team) for a breach of the rules by awarding an advantage to the opposition. 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ put in an unfavorable position or at an unfair disadvantage if the bill is not amended, genuine claimants will be penalized 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ make or declare (an act or offense) legally punishable section twenty penalizes possession of a firearm when trespassing 同義詞 反義詞
- subject to a penalty or punishment: high-spending councils will be penalized