- the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses；awareness of something through the senses
noun: perception, plural noun: perceptions
- 1. the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses the normal limits to human perception
- ▪ awareness of something through the senses the perception of pain 同義詞
- ▪ the neurophysiological processes, including memory, by which an organism becomes aware of and interprets external stimuli.
- 2. the way in which something is regarded, understood, or interpreted Hollywood's perception of the tastes of the American public we need to challenge many popular perceptions of old age
- ▪ intuitive understanding and insight ‘He wouldn't have accepted,’ said my mother with unusual perception 同義詞