- anxiety; mental uneasiness；a cause of anxiety or uneasiness
noun: perturbation, plural noun: perturbations
- 1. anxiety; mental uneasiness she sensed her friend's perturbation
- ▪ a cause of anxiety or uneasiness Frank's atheism was more than a perturbation to Michael
- 2. a deviation of a system, moving object, or process from its regular or normal state or path, caused by an outside influence some minor perturbation in his house's cash flow
- ▪ a minor deviation in the course of a celestial body, caused by the gravitational attraction of a neighboring body.
- anxiety; mental uneasiness: she sensed her friend's perturbation