- (of a plant) planted or grown in a flowerpot and usually kept indoors；(of meat or fish) preserved in a sealed pot or jar
- 1. (of a plant) planted or grown in a flowerpot and usually kept indoors an array of exotic potted palms
- 2. British (of meat or fish) preserved in a sealed pot or jar potted shrimps
- 3. British (of a biographical or historical account) put into a short and easily assimilable form a potted history of the band's career
- 4. North American informal intoxicated by drink or drugs, especially cannabis a party where everybody was pretty much potted
- 5. (of an electrical component or circuit) encapsulated in insulating material.