- a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end；a natural series of changes
- perform a series of mechanical or chemical operations on (something) in order to change or preserve it；deal with (someone or something) using an official procedure
noun: process, plural noun: processes
- 1. a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end military operations could jeopardize the peace process 同義詞
- ▪ a natural series of changes the ageing process
- ▪ a systematic series of mechanized or chemical operations that are performed in order to produce something the manufacturing process is relatively simple 同義詞
- ▪ an instance of a program being executed in a multitasking operating system, typically running in an environment that protects it from other processes.
- ▪ relating to or denoting printing using ink in three colours (cyan, magenta, and yellow) and black to produce a complete range of colour process inks
- 2. a summons or writ requiring a person to appear in court. 同義詞
- 3. a natural appendage or outgrowth on or in an organism, such as a protuberance on a bone.
- 1. perform a series of mechanical or chemical operations on (something) in order to change or preserve it the salmon is quickly processed after harvest to preserve the flavour
- ▪ deal with (someone or something) using an official procedure the immigration authorities who processed him
- ▪ operate on (data) by means of a program.