- a paid occupation, especially one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification；a body of people engaged in a particular profession
noun: profession, plural noun: professions
- 1. a paid occupation, especially one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification his chosen profession of teaching a barrister by profession 同義詞
- ▪ a body of people engaged in a particular profession the legal profession has become increasingly business-conscious
- 2. an act of declaring that one has a particular feeling or quality, especially when this is not the case his profession of delight rang hollow 同義詞
- 3. a declaration of belief in a religion a profession of faith in Jesus Christ they were baptized on profession of faith
- ▪ the declaration or vows made on entering a religious order.
- ▪ the ceremony or fact of being professed in a religious order after profession she taught in Maidenhead