- a set of related measures or activities with a particular long-term aim；a planned series of future events or performances
- provide (a computer or other machine) with coded instructions for the automatic performance of a task；write computer programs
verb: program, 3rd person present: programs, gerund or present participle: programming, past tense: programmed, past participle: programmed
noun: programme, plural noun: programmes
- 1. a set of related measures or activities with a particular long-term aim an extensive programme of reforms the British nuclear power programme 同義詞 scheme, plan, plan of action, initiative, series of measures, ... 更多
- ▪ a planned series of future events or performances a weekly programme of films the programme includes Dvořák's New World symphony 同義詞 schedule, agenda, calendar, timetable, order of events, ... 更多
- 2. a series of coded software instructions to control the operation of a computer or other machine.
- 3. a presentation or item on television or radio, especially one broadcast regularly between stated times a nature programme 同義詞 broadcast, production, show, presentation, transmission, ... 更多
- ▪ dated a radio or television channel.
- 4. a sheet or booklet giving details of items or performers at an event or performance a theatre programme 同義詞 guide, list of performers/players/artistes, playbill
- 1. provide (a computer or other machine) with coded instructions for the automatic performance of a task it is a simple matter to program the computer to recognize such symbols
- ▪ write computer programs I've programmed for 25 years and have used many languages he has been programming since he was a teenager in the mid-1970s
- ▪ input (instructions for the automatic performance of a task) into a computer or other machine simply program in your desired volume level 同義詞 set, fix, arrange
- ▪ cause (a person or animal) to behave in a predetermined way all members of a species are programmed to build nests in the same way
- 2. arrange according to a plan or schedule we learn how to programme our own lives 同義詞 arrange, organize, schedule, plan, map out, ... 更多
- ▪ schedule (an item) within a plan the next stage of the treaty is programmed for next year
- 3. US broadcast (an item) the station does not program enough contemporary works
- a set of related measures or activities with a particular long-term aim: an extensive program of reforms the nuclear power program
- provide (a computer or other machine) with coded instructions for the automatic performance of ... it is a simple matter to program the computer to recognize such symbols
Oxford American Dictionary
- US spelling of programme (also widely used in computing contexts)
- the simultaneous purchase and sale of many different stocks, or of stocks and related futures ...
- a radio programme consisting of music requested by the listeners.
- one of the three national radio networks of the BBC from 1946 until 1967, when it was replaced ...
- music that is intended to evoke images or convey the impression of events.
- do what is expected of one; adopt the prevailing viewpoint
- a network analysis technique which is used to determine the time it will take to complete a ...
- a program written in a language other than machine code, typically a high-level language.
Oxford American Dictionary