- the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; the degree of excellence of something；general excellence of standard or level
noun: quality, plural noun: qualities
- 1. the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; the degree of excellence of something an improvement in product quality the hospital ranks in the top tier in quality of care 同義詞
- ▪ general excellence of standard or level a masterpiece for connoisseurs of quality a wide choice of quality beers 同義詞
- ▪ archaic high social standing commanding the admiration of people of quality
- ▪ archaic people of high social standing he's dazed at being called on to speak before quality
- 2. a distinctive attribute or characteristic possessed by someone or something he shows strong leadership qualities the plant's aphrodisiac qualities 同義詞
- ▪ the distinguishing characteristic or characteristics of a speech sound.
- ▪ another term for timbre
- ▪ any of three properties (cardinal, fixed, or mutable), representing types of movement, that a zodiacal sign can possess.