- moving fast or doing something in a short time；lasting or taking a short time
- at a fast rate; quickly
- the soft tender flesh below the growing part of a fingernail or toenail.；the central or most sensitive part of someone or something.
noun: quick, plural noun: quicks
- 1. moving fast or doing something in a short time he was always quick to point out her faults some children are particularly quick learners 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ lasting or taking a short time we went to the pub for a quick drink she took a quick look through the drawers 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ happening with little or no delay; prompt children like to see quick results from their efforts 同義詞
- 2. (of a person) prompt to understand, think, or learn; intelligent it was quick of him to spot the mistake 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a person's eye or ear) keenly perceptive; alert.
- ▪ (of a person's temper) easily roused.
- 1. informal at a fast rate; quickly he'll find some place where he can make money quicker Get out, quick!
- 1. the soft tender flesh below the growing part of a fingernail or toenail.
- ▪ the central or most sensitive part of someone or something.
- 2. archaic those who are living the quick and the dead